The 5th ICO/STO Report published by PwC Stratetgy& and CVA
This week saw the publication of the 5th ICO/STO (IEO) report in collaboration with PwC and Strategy&.
The key takeaways are as follows:
Token Offerings and IEO
- Jan until May 2019: total of 250 token offerings completed, USD 3.3 bnraised capital
- Since the beginning of 2019, the development of IEO strongly accelerated. The IEO Bitfinex, with USD 1 bncapital raised, was the biggest token offering in 2019.
- New concept: Initial Exchange Offering, a new crypto fundraising format, by which an ICO/STO is basically conducted on one or multiple platforms of crypto exchanges
- The innovation of IEO can be seen as a response of established exchangesmoving into crypto emphasizing higher institutionalization and credibility
- Cybersecurity, key custody, KYC/AML and capital requirements are the key themes in today’s crypto finance ecosystem
- Recent cases of large lossescaused by cyberattacks: Binance & bithumb (wallet), SpankChain (smart contract), Coinbase (attack in terms of double spending)
- Key custody solutions gain more attention and relevance